Are looking to secure certain apps on your iOS device then you don’t have to worry anymore as there are many ways to app lock iPhone and protect your privacy. You can use the same drill to restrict the usage of certain apps by taking the assistance of iPhone app lock feature as app lock for iPhone and an iPad option is easy and most of the time native and third-party solutions can use.
In this post, there are different techniques on download App Lock for iPhone
Steps to lock apps on iPhone & iPad using BioProtect
BioProtect is a third-party tool which works on jailbroken devices as one can download from Cydia’s repository. Now follow the following steps to use BioProtect app lock on iPhone.
- Download the BioProtect app lock iPhone on your device.
- Once downloaded, access the tweak’s panel by using your fingerprint.
- So place your finger on your Touch ID then match its print.
- By doing so, you will able to access the BioProtect app settings.
- Now enable the app by turning the respective feature on.
- You will see all the major apps under the Protected Applications section.
- Now, you need to turn on the feature of the app that you want to lock.
- You can go to the Touch ID feature to further calibrate the app.
- Once locked, you will ask to authenticate using your fingerprint to access the protected app.
Steps to Lock Apps On iPhone
Here I am showing you the method to lock that works for all iPhones but only with first-party Apple apps as it involves the use of restrictions. So here we go.
- First, you have to go to Settings on the iPhone Home screen then tap on the general.
- After that, scroll down then tap on the restrictions.
- Now tap on the enable restriction.
- After that a prompt will appear on the screen, you need to enter a new passcode and enter once again to confirm it.
By enabling the restrictions and entering a new Passcode, you will be presented with a variety of options. So swipe the green toggle icon to turn off the position then it will stop disallowed apps to appear on the home screen.
Steps to Lock Apps on iPhone Using Guided Access
- You need to go to the settings on the iPhone home screen then tap on the general.
- Now tap on the accessibility and scroll down then tap on the Guided Access.
- After that, you have to swipe the Guided Access toggle button in the green On position.
- Now tap the Passcode Settings then Set Guided Access Passcode.
- After that, you need to enter a new Passcode then enter once again to confirm it.
Once enabling the Guided Access and Passcode is set you can use the feature by opening an app and pressing the Home button three times once the app has started.