Did you have a new Android phone and got a lot of unwanted or unknown apps on your phone by default then, your experience is really bad. I know that it’s tough to remove those apps as a beginning user and in the past a few years, one needs to master some technical skills to get them deleted whereas now, you can delete it with the help of CyanogenMod.
And you don’t even have to root or unlock your Android device to install the package, so let’s see in brief about the CyanogenMod then, we will head towards the guide.
What is CyanogenMod?
CyanogenMod is the best free and clean operating system mainly for the Android mobile platform that is user-friendly than other ROMs. Installing the CyanogenMod ROM users don’t have to root Android SmartPhone, and it is one of the quick and simplest ways to install a custom ROM without rooting or without unlocking the bootloader on Android devices.
Install CyanogenMod ROMs on Android without Rooting
By following the steps below, you can get CyanogenMod installed on an Android device. So here we go!
- Allow Third-Party Apps Being Installed from Unknown Resources
- First, you have to open the settings on Android then, navigate to security option.
- Now locate to the Unknown sources option if Unknown Sources is checked already then skip this step but if unchecked then, tap on the checkbox and tap on the OK on the confirmation popup.
Download the CyanogenMod Installer App
- Now, go to the https://get.cm by using the web browser and the download will start automatically.
- Once downloaded, tap the downloaded APK then install it on your device.
- After that, tap on the open to run the app then open the CyanogenMod app and follow the instructions on your Android phone or tablet to continue the installation process.
Download and Install the CyanogenMod Windows Installer
Now, you have to download the CyanogenMod Installer for Windows Vista/7/8.
- Once downloaded, run the CyanogenMod Installer for Windows by following the on-screen instructions.
- So be patient, as the installation will last for minutes and after that, you can now enjoy CM freely.
Reasons To Use CyanogenMod
- By installing CyanogenMod on your device then, it will be secure while browsing, using emails, and making purchases.
- CyanogenMod is a safe, light footprint and the bloat-free way for installing a custom CyanogenMod.
- By using CM 10 on the Android phone will run much better then the bloatware phone brings out.
- CyanogenMod is a customizable and open source, user-friendly as it can be customized into anything.
I know that installing Custom ROM is the hard task and lengthy process, but by following the steps you can enjoy new ROM on Android smartphone or tablet, and in contrast to the original version of the device a user interface is a much cleaner. Now only the necessary apps will get installed, and unwanted or malicious apps will remove from the distribution. I hope that you will find this guide informative and useful.